- Important Dates
- From the Principal
- Prayer Week 1 Term 4
- Lame Joke
- Birthday Party Invitations
- RE News
- Book Week Parade - Tuesday Week 2
- School Photos - Tuesday Week 3
- Sport - In-school Touch Football Clinic
- Uniform Shop
- ICAS Results
- School Banking Term 4 Rewards
- School News
- Community News
Friday 16 October- K-2 Swimming
Monday 19 October- In-School Touch Football Clinic Yrs 3-6 (Sports Uniform)
Tuesday 20 October- BOOK WEEK COSTUME PARADE (via Zoom)
Thursday 22 October- P&F Meeting 6:30pm
Friday 23 October- K-2 Swimming
Tuesday 27 October- School Photos
- Kindy Parent Information Evening 7-8pm VIA ZOOM
Friday 30 October- K-2 Swimming
Monday 2 November- Canteen Red Day
Tuesday 3 November- Kindergarten 2021 Orientation Day 9:30-11:30am & 12:30-2:30pm
Friday 6 November- K-2 Swimming
Week 5 - NAIDOC Week
Tuesday 10 November- Kindergarten 2021 Orientation Day 9:30-11:30am & 12:30-2:30pm
Friday 13 November- K-2 Swimming
- School Leaders Nominations close
Monday 16 - Wednesday 18 November- Year 6 Camp
Friday 20 November- K-2 Swimming
Thursday 26 November- SCC Meeting 7pm
Friday 27 November- K-2 Swimming
Monday 30 November- School Leaders 2021 Announced via live Zoom assembly
Friday 4 December- K-2 Swimming
- Semester 2 Reports sent home
Monday 7 December- Canteen Red Day
Friday 11 December- K-2 Swimming
Monday 14 December- K-2 Awards Presentation 10am via Zoom
Tuesday 15 December- 3-6 Awards Presentation & School Leaders handover 12:30pm via Zoom
Wednesday 16 December- Last Day Term 4 - Casual clothes day
CLASSES IN 2021
Welcome to Term 4. Our last term finished with the staffing budget from head office for 2021 being confirmed. My request was considered and because of increasing numbers in 2021 will have 11 classes instead of 10. This will mean 2 standalone Kindergarten classes in 2021. Mrs Halder and Mrs Wilcox will be taking these classes. We will have 3 classes in each Stage level of 1, 2 & 3. Staff taking these classes is still to be determined and will need take into consideration staff returning from maternity leave etc. I will keep you informed of how classes might look across the rest of the school.
COVID RESTRICTIONS UPDATE
The end of the school year looms and the usual calendar of events will be quite different this year. Sadly many restrictions are still place for COVID safety. This will affect end of year activities including Graduation, Carols Night and Presentation Assemblies.
Parents and carers are still not permitted on school grounds and can only access the school if needed via the front office. Face to face meetings can be arranged in special circumstances.Our assemblies will continue to be virtual. See information about Term 4 events below.
Students must not come to school if experiencing any COVID symptoms.
- School photo day & the K-2 Swimming program will be still going ahead. Parents are not permitted at the pool to watch lessons. This a condition of the council.
- The Bookweek Costume Parade on Tuesday 20th October will be filmed in stage groups and the link uploaded for parents to view.
- Kindergarten 2021 Parent Information session will be held on Tuesday 27th November 7pm-8pm and will be via live Zoom link.
- Kindergarten Orientation Sessions are confirmed for Tuesday 3rd & 10th November. Kinder students for 2021 will be split into smaller orientation groups. Parents are asked to drop off their child to the current Kinder and K/1 classrooms and then leave; current guidelines suggest no more than 10 minutes on the school premises. The Kindergarten rooms and equipment used will be cleaned thoroughly before and after the Orientation Sessions.
- New Kindergarten families looking to buy their uniform will have to make a booking as customer numbers are still limited in the uniform shop.
- Unfortunately there will be no Carols Night & BBQ this year. We will be making a special Christmas video for families.
- Presentation events for Yrs 3-6 and K-2 will be filmed and uploaded to Zoom for families. Further details to follow.
- The Year 6 Graduation Mass/Liturgy will be held on December 8th 10am. The school captains will give their farewell speech and the Year 6 Special awards will be given out. The venue is to be advised and we hope that two people from each family will be able to attend. Later that day a special fun event has been organised for the Year 6 students. Further details to follow.
- Staff, students and all families are invited to gather on the school grounds on the last day of Term 4 for a short farewell assembly and the ringing of the old school bell by our outgoing Year 6 students.
SCHOOL LEADERS 2021
A note will go home to Year 5 students and families about the timetable for elections and to nominate for School Captain, Vice Captain & House Captains in 2021. Announcement of our new school leaders will be done at a Monday assembly on 30th November (Captains & Vice Captains) via a live Zoom link.
2020 has been a very unique year with many special challenges and the major changes we have had to make to the school calendar to comply with COVID safety requirements reflect this. I again thank families for their co-operation and understanding. Please remember if have a concern or just want to see how your child is going contact the office and staff will give you a call to have a chat.
- Yrs 3-6 to wear sports uniform Monday 19 October (Week 2)
- Bookweek Costume Parade Tuesday 20 October (week 2)
- School Photos Tuesday 27 October (week 3) - remember to order your photos
- Please return payment for the 2021 Year 6 Jersey
- Please remember to pack a water bottle as the school bubblers are still turned off due to COVID, and with the warmer weather many children are needing more to drink during the day
- If you have recieved a note regarding unexplained absences please return it to the office
- Please remember to label your children's school clothing as we have a lot in lost property
Regarding birthday party invitations, we would like to remind parents not to ask children to hand out the invitations for birthday parties themselves as this sometimes causes angst and problems amongst students.
If you need to hand out invitations at school please drop them to the office and the class teacher will distribute them.
Thank you for your understanding.
RCIA The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is a formal program of catechetical instruction, prayer and spirituality, and liturgies whereby adults — calls catechumens — are formally admitted into the Catholic Church and receive the Sacraments of Initiation — Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Eucharist. The process takes place over an extended period of time culminating at Pentecost with the reception of the Sacraments of Initiation at the Easter Vigil. It is held every Tuesdays (4pm -5pm) from Advent through to Pentecost. The first information gathering will be on Tuesday 1st December at 4pm at the parish Centre (36 Verner Street). For details contact parish office on 62399863 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrate Mass Online: live 11am Sundays https://www.catholicvoice.org.au/mass
School photos will take place on Tuesday the 27th of October (Week 3).
All students will be required to wear their normal full summer uniform.
If you wish to recieve a photography package for your child/ren please order via the options below.
The school photographs are scheduled to be taken by advancedlife. It is our preference that ordering be completed online to reduce administration and potential security issues related to the return of cash and envelopes on photo day.
Please contact the office if you wish to pay with cash to recieve an envelope.
Orders for packages and sibling photographs can be placed securely online at www.advancedlife.com.au using our school’s unique 9 digit advancedorder code:
PKM AYC 9XL
- Portrait and group package orders are due by photography day (Tuesday 27 October).
- Sibling photograph orders must be placed no later than the day before photography day (Monday 26 October). Sibling photographs will only be taken if an order has been placed.
Should you have any queries concerning school photographs or online ordering, please direct them via email to email@example.com.
We currently have a supply shortage of girls summer dresses. If anyone has a spare or too small dress to donate it would be greatly appreciated.
If you have finished with any school uniform items that are still in good condition, and you have no friends or family to hand it down to, we ask that you consider donating to the uniform shop for our second hand supply rather to local charity shops. Donations can be dropped into the office at any time.
Uniform Shop Trading During Term
The Uniform Shop is taking orders online through QKR. Please place your order by 8:30am Monday mornings to ensure that orders can be filled and sent home. Due to the current circumstances, please note that parents cannot enter the uniform shop; please wait outside the door. The shop is open on Monday mornings 9-9:30 if you need to purchase directly.
Please ensure all clothing is labelled. We have a large amount of clothing in lost property.
Congratulations to the following students who participated in the ICAS Digital Technologies Competition:
Stephen Watson, Calawyn Tariau, Callum Muldrew
Well done to the below students who received high results:
Credit: William Stein, Amelie Webber, Christopher Watson, Lachlan Stein
Distinction*: Thomas Watson
Congratulations to the following students who participated in the ICAS English competition:
Carter Beardmore, Stephen Watson, Noah Beardmore, Chloe Reynolds, Charli Sillis, Lachlan Stein, Calawyn Tariau, Claudia Maple-Brown, Callum Muldrew, Emma Seaman
Well done to the below students for receiving high results:
Merit: William Stein, Lexie Maple-Brown
Credit: Aleesha Storrier, Majd Kdady, Om Patel
Distinction*: Willa Reynolds
Congratulations to the following students who participated in the ICAS Science Competition:
Christopher Watson, Callum Muldrew, Claudia Maple-Brown, Calawyn Tarau, Chloe Reynolds, Noah Beardmore, Stephen Watson, Lexie Maple Brown
Well done to the below students for receiving high results:
Merit: Carter Beardmore
Credit: Willa Reynolds
* A distinction is granted to students who achieve in the top 8% of participants in Australia
Our Snakes & Ladders Game is a fun way for children to learn to count and follow instructions and is printed on FSC approved paper. Even the game pieces were made out of wood (and not plastic).
The Emoji wallet is a great way for students to practice using money in shops and counting change. A perfect time in the lead up to Christmas.
"Having trouble getting your child to school?"
You can contact us here at school office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are also local support services available at Goulburn Family Support Service.
Goulburn Family Support Service in Goldsmith Street is a FREE service.
Busting through anxiety, overwhelm and difficult feelings.
Does your child struggle with chronic worry or anxiety?
In this 8 week program your child will begin to learn new tools to understand and get in control of their anxious thoughts and emotions.
Throughout the 8 weeks we will be focusing on vital skills including
- optimistic thinking
- resilience building
- personal character strengths
- emotional regulation and literacy
- social skills
This is an 8 week group program for 8-12yr old children that will run on Tuesday afternoons 4.30pm-5.30pm from 20/10/20-8/12/20. $200 for the program (payment plans available).
Please message if you would like to book your child in as there are limited spots available.