Welcome back to all and a very special welcome to all new families. We have many new enrolments this year & I hope you will make these families feel part of our school community.
Points to remember-
- 2021 Welcome BBQ Tuesday 9th February 5-7pm. Classrooms will be open for you to meet your child’s teacher. There will be a special information session for Kindergarten parents & carers in the School Hall at 6.30pm. This event will follow COVID safe guidelines.
- COVID 19- Under the guidelines for schools, parents & carers can enter school grounds for a short time at the start of the term to help students settle into classes. They must be conscious of social distancing requirements in buildings. Starting from Week 3 (Monday 8 February), we ask parents to use our two entry points (car line & front gate) to pick up & drop off students.
- We are allowed to have a limited number of parents at indoor events such as assemblies & masses. We will be inviting families of the children involved to these events. For example, this Friday is our Induction Assembly for the new School Leaders of Year 6, and Year 6 families are welcome to attend in person. Seating will be arranged to follow social distancing rules and will be cleaned after the event. We appreciate families following these COVID guidelines.
- School hours are from 9.20am to 3.20pm. Staff supervision begins at 8.30am, with car line supervision until 3.45pm & bus line until the last child is picked up. If you need your child to be here outside of these hours please ring the office to make a reasonable arrangement.
- First break (lunch) is from 11:30am to 12:10pm, and second break (afternoon tea) is from 1:40pm to 2:15pm. If you need to pick your child up from school please try to do so outside of these times as it can be very difficult to find a student during break time in the playground.
- Please ensure your child brings a hat for outside play and a full water bottle for the day to limit their contact with the school bubblers.
If your child is taking part in Reconciliation (1st Confession) or First Holy Communion in 2021 please remember to complete and return the Sacramental Enrolment form. Enrolments close on 15 February.
A big thank you to the parents that helped with our carnival on Tuesday and congratulations to all our swimmers!
1. O’Brien (608)
2. Patrick (498)
3. Blake (452)
3. McCauley (452)
House Spirit Races
Ping Pong Ball Challenge:
9yrs: Odin Schmidt (P)
10yrs: Patrick Turner (M) & Charlize Arnold (M)
11yrs: Lachlan Sonnex (M) & Lexie Maple-Brown (P)
12yrs: Will Turner (M) & Chloe Reynolds (O)
Patrick Turner & Charlize Arnold
Will Turner & Lexie Maple-Brown
Medals will be presented at the Week 4 assembly.
SPP Team to attend the Northern Region Swimming Carnival
Chloe Reynolds, Will Turner, Lexie Maple-Brown, Lachlan Sonnex, Charlize Arnold, Tobias Loberg, Willa Reynolds, Odin Schmidt, Paige Kennedy, Patrick Turner, Imogen Dalglish, Tyler Toparis, Ella Webster, Stephen Watson, Ruby Harvey-Lynn, Lachlan Stein, Aleesha Storrier, Lucas Webster, Eliza Webster, Kobey Montgomery, Lara Booth, Aari Poole & Amelia Foley.
Registrations for the following NSW Primary Sports Canberra Goulburn Trials are now OPEN for students in Years 5 & 6:
Basketball - Close 2nd Feb (Late entries being accepted)
Tennis - Close 2nd Feb
Football (Soccer) - Close 5th March
Hockey - Close 15th March
Cricket - Close 15th March
Rugby League - Close 23rd March
Netball - Close 23rd March
Touch Football - Close 27th April
Please head to the Canberra Goulburn Sport Webpage for information regarding the trials and the link for registration.
If you wish to enrol your child's sibling in Kindergarten at SPP in 2022, we encourage you to hop online and complete the enrolment form or contact the office if you would like an enrolment pack sent home.
Siblings do take priority in enrolments, however the school has had a number of enquiries already and needs to get an idea of sibling numbers for the coming year.
Please click this link to go to the online enrolment page>> SPP Enrolment
The Raunjak Family wishes to express their deep thanks to the school community for its support over the past 12 months.
They are elated to let everyone know that according to the most recent test results Jocelyn is now completely cancer-free!!