Term 3 - Winter Uniform
Week 8 - Monday 30 August - Friday 3 September
Week 9 - Monday 6 September - Friday 10 September
Week 10 - Monday 13 September - Friday 17 September
Friday 17 - LAST DAY TERM 3
School Holidays 18 September to 5 October
Term 4 - Summer Uniform
Week 1 - Wednesday 6 October - Friday 8 October
- K-2 Swimming program
- ICAS Writing
SCHOOL ACCESS DURING LOCKDOWN
- As the lockdown continues, please remember that the school is open to students of essential workers, however remains closed to parents and carers. If you need to come to the school for any reason please come to the front office and call the number there to speak to a staff member.
PLEASE DON'T PARK ACROSS DRIVEWAYS
- Please remember to leave neighbours driveways clear when waiting to pick your child up at the end of the day, especially if you are waiting behind the bus stop area. Please see the below image which details some of the road and parking rules that can incur fines.
EARLY PICK UP INFORMATION
- First break (lunch) is from 11:30am to 12:10pm, and second break (afternoon tea) is from 1:40pm to 2:15pm. If you need to pick your child up from school early please try to do so outside of these times as it can be very difficult to find a student during break time in the playground.
CAR LINE PARKING RULES
- A reminder all families of the parking rules at car line. Remember, when you are lined up on the road at pick up time you are only permitted to be stopped for 2 minutes. If the line is not moving, advice from NSW Police is that parents and carers should drive around the block until they are able to enter the school grounds.
- Please also remember that student supervision at car line is until 3:45pm, so arriving around or after 3:30 will help to ease the congestion at this time. It is not essential that you are at car line before 3:20pm (school finish time).
I will be brief and just express my gratitude to our students, staff and families who are doing their best during this lockdown.
A piece of advice I try to follow as a principal (not always successfully) is that everyone, on any given day, at any given time is trying to do their best. That’s all we can do at present - our best within the circumstances we find ourselves. So some days we will be all over everything and other days maybe not.
Hang in there and if as a school we can better support you please let us know and we will try to help.
Dental check ups are unlikely to happen at our school this year. It is recommended that we all have our teeth checked twice a year. When was your child's last dentist visit?
In Goulburn there are a number of options to make dental appointments for children.
- Use your private health insurance with a dentist, check with your health fund as children are often covered for regular checks, preventative treatments and mouthguards.
- Child Dental Benefits Scheme - are you eligible? Check with Medicare.When making an appointment with a private or public dentist please let them know if you are eligible.
- Goulburn Dental Clinic - all children aged 0-18 years are eligible. To make an appointment please call 1800 450 046. Have your medicare card with you when you call.
Please remember that the canteen remains closed while we are in lockdown.
Please remember that the uniform shop remains closed while we are in lockdown.
Students must wear Winter Uniform in Term 2 & 3. ALL winter uniform items are now available to buy. There are also lots of pre-loved, budget-friendly items available to purchase.
The Uniform shop open time is on Tuesday mornings, 9-9:30am. Please come in at this time if you need to try uniforms on or wish to buy second-hand uniforms. All uniform orders on Qkr! will be filled at this time each week and sent home that day.
While Olivia is unable to come to the school during lockdown, you are still able to get in touch with her either via the online referral form or email (links both below)
This year school counselling will be available all day on Mondays. School counselling is offered to help students cope with stress, emotional and behavioural issues, mental health difficulties, and improve students' overall well-being. To engage with school counselling the online referral form will need to be filled out and this can be done on a mobile phone. If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to make contact with me through email at email@example.com
Shout out to our 2021 major sponsors North Goulburn MacDonalds and Outdoor Designs by Dally!!
Thank you also to our fantastic parent volunteers who work tirelessly as coaches and managers, making sure training is on, bringing half-time oranges and lollies and making sure that all the important messages are getting though to our families. THANK YOU!!
As Father's Day is coming up next week, 1/2SA have drawn portraits of their wonderful dads and written some lovely words to say how great they are.
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's at SPPG.
5/6J earlier this year making pioneer tools from the late 1800s for their History task
To support young people in the community the NRL are offering the League Stars Inspire Health and Wellbeing program online (Free). The workshops are facilitated by Alan Tongue with the assistance of NRL and NRLW players. The workshops which are targeted at Primary School aged students aim to encourage young people who may be socially isolated or vulnerable to apply the knowledge and understandings, skills, attitudes and values that are central to being resilient, supported and grateful. It is a useful online resource that might be helpful during lockdown and home schooling.
The program is a series over four weeks with one workshop released every “Wellness Wednesday” at 10:00 am AEST. These can be viewed live or at a later time.
The League Stars Inspire Health and Wellbeing program will be delivered over four 30 minute online workshops:
- Workshop 1: League Stars Inspire Resilience – Wednesday 18th August 2021
- Workshop 2: League Stars Inspire Support - Wednesday 25th August 2021
- Workshop 3: League Stars Inspire Gratitude - Wednesday 1 September 2021
- Workshop 4: League Stars Inspire Questions and Answers with NRL and NRLW players - Wednesday 8th September 2021
Below is the link for further information:
LOCKDOWN LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
Whether you’re currently in lockdown or in wider NSW and want to upskill, you can with a fee-free* online short course. TAFE NSW, in conjunction with the NSW Government, is offering a number of fee-free* short courses to all NSW residents*, but places are limited. Courses are a mix of self-paced online or teacher-led virtual classrooms, which can pathway into a variety of full TAFE NSW qualifications.
* Eligibility criteria and T&Cs apply including one course per person.
Go4Fun is back for term 4! After a stop/start year with covid, we are aiming to hold face to face programs in Goulburn and Queanbeyan from October 11th.
The Go4Fun Online program will continue to run in NSW for families who cannot attend in person.