- Dates For Your Diary
- Don't Forget...
- From the Principal
- Dress Up Day!
- 2021 Yearbook
- Religious Education News
- Sporting News
- Canberra & Goulburn Virtual Archdiocesan Athletics Carnival
- Canteen and Uniform Shop
- School Announcements
- Stage 1 Class of the Week!
- Trinity Catholic College
- Community News & Events
Term 4 - Summer Uniform
Week 5 - Monday 1 November - Friday 5 November
- Whole School Dress Up Day - Superhero, Sports Person or Book Character (Gold Coin Donation to Vinnies Christmas Appeal)
Week 6 - Monday 8 November - Friday 12 November
- Kinder Liturgy, 10am
- Remembrance Day Assembly
- Stage 2 Performance Assembly 'Justice', 2:20pm
Week 7 - Monday 15 November - Friday 19 November
- Kindergarten 2022 Orientation- Group 1, 9:30-11:30am
- Kindergarten 2022 Orientation- Group 2, 9:30-11:30am
- School Leaders 2022 nominations close
- 'Illuminate' - Year 6 with Gerard
Week 8 - Monday 22 November - Friday 26 November
- 2022 School Leaders Speeches, 12:15pm in the hall (Teams video stream available from 12:20)
- Years 3-6 vote for 2022 School Leaders
- SCC Meeting, 7pm TBC
- Stage 1 Performance Assembly 'Mercy', 2:20pm
Week 9 - Monday 29 November - Friday 3 December
- 2022 School Captains and Vice Captains Announced, 2:30pm in the hall (Teams link will be sent out to parents)
- Advent Liturgy, Stage 2, 10am
- Years 3-6 Sports House Captains speeches & vote for 2022 Sports Captains, 12:20pm (Teams link will be sent out to parents)
Week 10 - Monday 6 December - Friday 10 December
- 2022 Sports House Captains Announced, 2:30pm in the hall (Teams link will be sent out to parents)
- Year 6 Graduation Mass, 10am
- Trinity Year 7 2022 Orientation Day
- School Reports available
Week 11 - Monday 13 December - Wednesday 15 December
- K-2 Awards, 10am (Parents may watch via video link)
- Sports House Reward, 1pm
- Years 3 & 4 Awards, 12:30pm (Parents may watch via video link)
- Years 5 & 6 Awards, 1:00pm (Parents may watch via video link)
Wednesday 15 - LAST DAY TERM 4 - CASUAL CLOTHES DAY
- EOD School Gathering, 2:30pm
Students MUST wear their school hat when playing outside at school.
YEAR 6 2022 JERSEY
- The cost of the jersey is $85.00. Payment can be made on Qkr and is due by Friday 26th November.
TERM 4 FEE COVID RELIEF
- Catholic Education will again support families who have been financially impacted as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in Term 4. To apply for fee relief, you are asked to indicate the level of assistance you feel you need at this time by completing a one-page fee assistance form (COVID-19 Fee Assistance Request Form) attached. Your level of fee support will be confirmed as soon as possible.
SCHOOL TRAVEL PASS APPLICATIONS
- Students who need a school travel pass for 2022 can apply now. A new application will need to be submitted if:
- they are applying for a school travel pass for the first time, or
- they are requesting an additional travel entitlement as a result of a new shared parental responsibility situation (e.g. joint custody)
- Students who change address, school, campus location, or who have repeated a year or received an expiry notification from Transport for NSW for their school travel entitlement, should renew or update their details before the end of term 4. This will ensure that schools can endorse applications and current entitlements are updated and remain valid.
EARLY PICK UP INFORMATION
- First break (lunch) is from 11:30am to 12:10pm, and second break (afternoon tea) is from 1:40pm to 2:15pm. If you need to pick your child up from school early please try to do so outside of these times as it can be very difficult to find a student during break time in the playground.
PLEASE DON'T PARK ACROSS DRIVEWAYS
- Please remember to leave neighbours driveways clear when waiting to pick your child up at the end of the day, especially if you are waiting behind the bus stop area. Please see the below image which details some of the road and parking rules that can incur fines.
CAR LINE PARKING RULES
- A reminder all families of the parking rules at car line. Remember, when you are lined up on the road at pick up time you are only permitted to be stopped for 2 minutes. If the line is not moving, advice from NSW Police is that parents and carers should drive around the block until they are able to enter the school grounds.
- Please also remember that student supervision at car line is until 3:45pm, so arriving around or after 3:30 will help to ease the congestion at this time. It is not essential that you are at car line before 3:20pm (school finish time).
It is such a blessing to have all students back at school doing learning face to face with their teachers. Again parents you did a remarkable job helping your children during remote learning. On returning to school, we remind you that there are still many Covid restrictions in place. Please only enter the school grounds via the office and for necessary matters. Please try and leave your child at school from 9.20am until the end of the school day at 3.20pm, however we understand that sometimes that family matters or appointments can vary this. All staff are fully vaccinated.
We will be limited with what end of year functions we can plan this year. I will keep you informed of events and dates.
CLASSES IN 2022
Our last term finished with the staffing budget for 2022 being confirmed. We again have increasing numbers and have been given another class for 2022. We will be having:
- 2 x Kindergarten classes
- 2 x Year 1 classes
- 2 x Year 2 classes
- 3 x Year 3/4 classes
- 3 x Year 5/6 classes
These numbers add up to 12 classes altogether in 2022. I would hope over the next couple of years with the growing numbers we will become a 2 streamed school. Numbers are quite strong in all year levels and we really only have room for enrolments in 2022 in Years 2, 3 & 4. We have a waiting list for other year levels. The teachers taking these classes are yet to be determined and I will need take into consideration staff returning from maternity leave, etc. I will keep you informed of how these classes might look across the school.
SCHOOL LEADERS 2022
A note has gone home to Year 5 students and families to nominate for School Captain, Vice Captain & House Captains in 2022 and about the timetable for elections. Announcement of our new school leaders (Captains & Vice Captains) will be done at the Monday assembly on 29th November via a live Teams link.
CLASS PLACEMENTS 2002
As you can appreciate setting up classes and staff for 2022 is complex. We use a computer programme called “Class Creator” to help with this job. A note has been sent home via students and by Compass about the programme we use and the factors we take into account in organising class groupings. The note will have a section for you to write down the names of your child’s friends so that can also be considered. However we must also be realistic that sometimes our friends in the playground are not the people who we do our best learning with. This would be important to discuss with your child when writing down these names. Prompt returning of the form would be appreciated.
The 2021 Yearbook is at the printers and will be ready for distribution in 2-3 weeks. Orders are open now! The cost is $25 per book and can be paid via Qkr or cash at the office (no eftpos or credit card).
The School Yearbook is a wonderful culmination to the school year. All students and classes are featured, as well as all sporting events, performances, excursions, etc.
This week, were able to have a Covid-Safe All Saints Mass. Of course we look forward to when we can sing and have more than one cohort at a time but it was such a blessing to meet, honour our Saints, pray and have Mass.
We continue to keep the Metz family in our prayers.
Welcome back Ms Atkinson, our community is so thrilled to have you back!
Canberra Goulburn/Wollongong Boys AFL Trial Information 2022
DATE: 15 February 2022 (Back-up date 22 February 2022). Nominations close Friday 19th of November 2021.
NOMINATIONS: Please complete the Expression of Interest Form on the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn Sport Website.
VENUE: Thomas Dalton Park (South), Fairy Meadow
This will be considered by your Sports Coordinator and the CECG Sports Coordinator. The Expression of Interest will either be accepted or not accepted due to a variety of reasons. Your Sports Coordinator will inform you if your Expression of Interest has been approved or not.
C & G Individual Sports Trials 2022
Year 4 and 5 students interested in trialling for the 2022 C & G Basketball and Tennis teams are asked to apply via the online link below. Trials will take place on Wednesday 2nd February (week 1) 2022. It will be too late to register in week 1.
Information on how to nominate is on the website page.
With the cancellation of the Archdiocesan Athletics Carnival due to COVID, a virtual carnival was organised by the Canberra & Goulburn Sports Coordinator, Sherree Bush. Results from the Northern, Southern and Western Region Carnivals were entered into Meet Manager and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place were awarded for each event. In addition to this, Age Champions were tallied, participant certificates awarded and a Merit Team announced. Congratulations to all the SPP students that were involved! Hopefully in 2022 we will be back to competing on the track.
11yrs Boy Champion - Aaron Morris
11yrs Girl Champion Runner-up - Lexie Maple-Brown
Canberra Goulburn Athletics Merit Team
Lexie Maple-Brown (1st 11yrs SP, 2nd Discus, 3rd 200m)
Lara Booth (2nd 11yrs SP)
Bronte Blackwell-Thomasset (2nd 12yrs 100m)
Aaron Morris (1st 11yrs SP, 1st 100m, 3rd Discus, 1st 200m, 1st LJ, 2nd Senior Relay)
Isaac Mills (2nd 12-13yrs SP, 1st Discus, 2nd Senior Relay)
Patrick Turner (3rd 8-10yrs Discus, 2nd 200m)
Bailey Lynn (2nd Senior Relay)
Noah Beardmore (2nd Senior Relay)
Tyler Toparis, Austin Cosgrove, Jaxon Anthony, Will Campbell, Will Turner, Edeva Shannon, Will Robinson, Harmony Payn.
Absent: Jaxon Anthony
The canteen is open and ready for lunch orders weekly from Tuesday to Friday
Orders placed through Qkr must be no later than 9:30am, or please send the CORRECT money in a paper bag with your name, class & order written on the front. The Term 4 Summer Menu is attached below.
Please remember that the uniform shop remains closed.
- Students must wear Summer Uniform in Terms 1 & 4. All summer uniform items are now available to buy. New uniform purchases can be ordered on Qkr. The order will be filled on Tuesdays and sent home with your child.
- There are also lots of pre-loved, budget-friendly items available. If you are wanting to purchase some 2nd hand uniforms please contact the office.
SCHOOL COUNSELLOR SERVICE
Please get in touch with Olivia either via the online referral form or her email (links both below).
This year school counselling will be available all day on Mondays. School counselling is offered to help students cope with stress, emotional and behavioural issues, mental health difficulties, and improve students' overall well-being. To engage with school counselling the online referral form will need to be filled out and this can be done on a mobile phone. If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to make contact with me through email at email@example.com
Stage 1 (1/2BM, 1/2HB & 1/2SA) enjoyed reading The Lorax by Dr Suess and discussing how important it is to care for our environment and save our forests.
Here are some of our amazing artworks.
The University of Wollongong would like to invite students to LEARNING LABS in 2022, an academic and creative arts enrichment holiday program. We are targeting students from Year 7 to 10, who are passionate, self-motivated and curious learners.
Wollongong Campus Dates: 12th – 14th January 2022
Applications close: Wednesday, 17th November 2021
Students can be encouraged to apply by their school, classroom teacher, subject specialist teachers from school or out-of-school or by their parents. If a school-based professional is identifying a potential student please supply them with a Teacher Nomination Letter (Kathy Neely can supply this).
Please know that applications are open now and workshops fill very quickly.
We will also have several sponsorship places available for students who identify as Australian Aboriginal/Torres Strait or students experiencing financial difficulty.
AUSTRALIA DAY AWARDS 2022
Goulburn Mulwaree Council and the Goulburn Australia Day Committee are calling for nominations for the local citizen, young citizen and event of the year awards. Nominations for citizen of the year and event of the year can be completed online. Hard copies can be downloaded via this link or picked up from the Goulburn Civic Centre in Bourke Street. Nominations close COB Friday 17th December 2021.