- PRAYER FOR LENT
- Important Dates
- FROM THE PRINCIPAL
- Lame Joke
- Parish News
- RE News
- Term 1 Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Archdiocesan Swimming Carnival
- Mercy Values
- 5/6A Class of the Week!
- OPEN DAY
- KINDER 2021 READINESS PROGRAMME
- School Disco and Working Bee
- General Hygiene
- School Photos
- Pie Drive
- School Banking
- Uniform Shop
- Trivia Night
- Community News
Pope Francis:IDEAS FOR LENT
Fast from hurting and say kind words
Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude
Fast from anger and be filled with patience
Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope
Fast from worries and have trust in God
Fast from pressures and be prayerful
Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy
Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others
Fast from grudges and be reconciled
Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.
Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
Tuesday 10th March
- Playgroup 9.30am - 11.30am
Friday 13th March
- School Disco & Working Bee 5.30pm - 7pm
Tuesday 17th March
- Playgroup 9.30 - 11.30am
Friday 20th March
- Peter Lucas Cup - Carr-Confroy Park -Cancelled
- Assembly - 1/2BM Assembly item 2.40pm
Tuesday 24th March
- School Photos - Full Summer uniform
Thursday 26th March
- Try it at Trinity Day - Yr 6 students to wear Sports uniform. Bus arranged to transport children to Trinity Catholic College. - Cancelled
Friday 27th March
- McKillop Soccer Trials - Goulburn - Cancelled
- School Cross Country - Cancelled
Tuesday 31st March
- Playgroup 9.30am - 11.30am
Wednesday 1st April
- Year 6 Camp (1/4-3/4/2020) - Cancelled
Friday 3rd April
- Year 6 return from camp - Cancelled
- Netball, Rugby League & Hockey trials - Canberra - Cancelled
- Assembly - 3/4H Assembly item 2.40pm
Monday 6th April
- Red Day - Cancelled
- Parent Teacher interviews 2-6pm
Tuesday 7th April
- Parent Teacher interviews 2-6pm
Wednesday 8th April
- Touch Trials - Canberra - Cancelled
Thursday 9th April
- Last day of term - students return Wednesday 29th April in winter uniform.
Congratulations to all the students who have recently competed in the Swimming, Basketball and Soccer Archdiocesan sports trials. All students should be proud of themselves and have put in a great effort.
Well done to 3/4H for their winning Indigenous art display and to 3Y for receiving highly commeneded in their category.
School photos are on Tuesday 24th March. Pie drive orders are due by 27th March. Also any children that are late to school must be signed in at front office, please do not drop your child/ren at the gate after the bell has gone.
National Day against Bullying 20th March
FAQ's: What can parents do if bullying happens? National Day against Bullying 20th March.
What can parents do if their child tells me they have been bullied?
There are six key steps for parents if their child tells them they have been bullied:
1. Listen calmly to what your child wants to say and make sure you get the full story.
2. Reassure your child that they are not to blame and ask open and empathetic questions to find out more details.
3. Ask your child what they want to do and what they want you to do.
4.Discuss with your child some sensible strategies to handle the bullying - starting a fight is not sensible.
5. Contact the school and stay in touch with them.
6. Check in regularly with your child.
Strategies that parents can suggest to their child who is being verbally or socially bullied?
The Bullying. No Way! website provides information aabout strategies that can help. These can be tried if the child feels safe:
1. Ignore them.
2. Tell them to stop and then walk away.
3. Pretend you dont care, try to act unaffected or umipressed.
4. Try to deflect the bullying (eg pertending to agree in an offhand way 'okay, yeah, maybe')
5. Go somewhere else.
6. Get support from your friends.
7. Talk to an adult at the school or at home who can help stop the bullying.
8. Keep asking for support until the bullying stops.
What strategies can parents suggest to their child who is being bullied online?
If bullying happens online, some of the strategies for face-to-face bullying may apply and as well, suggest that the child:
1. Avoid responding to the bullying.
2. Block and report anyone who is bullying online.
3. Protect yourself online - use privacy settings and keep records.
GOULBURN MISSION MASS TIMES
Ss Peter & Paul’s
6.00pm September – April
5.00pm May - August
Our Lady of Fatima
Sunday - 7.00am
Ss Peter and Paul’s
Sunday - 10.00am
6.00pm September – May
5.00pm June - August
St Patrick’s Marulan
2nd/4th Sunday of the Month - 8.00am
St Joseph’s Tarago
3rd Sunday of the Month - 8.00am
St Laurence O’Toole Spring Valley
St Michael’s, Bungonia. St Bartholomew’s Collector
PARISH OFFICE DETAILS
Office Hours: 8.30am – 12.30pm – Monday to Friday
Address: 36 Verner Street
Mailing Address: PO Box 11, GOULBURN NSW 2580
Phone: (02) 6239 9863
Our parent-teacher conferences are on Monday 6th April and Tuesday 7th April. To make a booking, please follow this link to select your child's teacher, day and time.
Junior Boys Relay (Luke, Stephen, Lachlan & Patrick) 1st
Claudia Maple-Brown 2nd 100m F/S, 2nd 50m F/S
Patrick Turner 3rd 50m F/S, 3rd 50m Brst
Sam Webster 2nd 50m F/S
Will Turner 2nd 50m Fly
9yrs Boys Patrick Turner 1st
12yrs Girls Claudia Maple-Brown 3rd
We wish all the above students well for the NSWCPS Swimming Carnival in Sydney on the 25th March.
Northern Region Team (absent Jim Webster)
Junior Boys Relay Team (Lucas, Stephen, Lachlan, Patrick)
Our first 2020 school disco is on Friday afternoon in the school hall in Week 7 Friday 13th March, from 5.30pm to 7.00pm.
We are also having our first working bee at the same time as the disco. If you have a wheelbarrow and are available to help us move some tanbark, even just for 30 minutes, your time and assistance would be most appreciated.
If you would like to assist with the disco or help with the working bee, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning the school 4821 3304.
School Photo's will be held on Tuesday 24th March 2020. All children are to wear full summer uniform.
Order forms went home last week, you can however order online at www.advancedlife.com.au Online code: PKMAYC9XL
Online orders due by 24/3/2020. Sibling photos are also available online or you can collect an order form from the office.
Unfortunately homework can sometimes cause anxiety for students and frustration for parents, for some helpful hints check out the NSW Government Education website: https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/practicalhelp-for-parents-and-carers/help-withhomework#Homework.
Please speak with the class teacher if you have any concerns or questions about your child and homework!
If you wish to cancel a lunch order you can do so through the QKR app by 9.30am on the day of the lunch order. If you wish to cancel an order after 9.30am, please text Di on 0417 688 472. Also if you are available to help Di in the canteen please text her with your availability.
Uniform shop is open Monday morning's from 9-9.30am.
During the School holidays the uniform shop will be open on:
Monday 20th April 5-6pm
Monday 27th April 9-10am
Students return in Winter uniform for term 2.
2020 SPP Trivia Night will be held on Friday the 8th May at the Goulburn Workers Club.
Start organising your tables of 10 as tickets go on sale Monday 2nd March. Tickets are $35 each and will be sold in tables of 10.
You can purchase your table via the Qrk app or in person in the office ash or EFT accepted. If bringing cash please have correct money.
If you have any raffle items or spare bottles of wine please contact Stacey on 0408464298 or drop into the office.
This is such a fun night full of laughs, Trivia, karaoke and dancing so please join us and support our school.
20th March Sebastian Martin & Javier Poole
21st March Hannah Polland & Harry Pagett
24th March Izabella Gregory
27th March Maddison Van Bilsen
29th March Shayna Tetley
2nd April Lilian McLean
3rd April Kayla Picker
4th April Olivia McMahon
5th April Claudia Maple-Brown
10th April Hugo Dillon & Om Patel
11th April Amelie Webber
12th April Harriett McMahon